Cash Splash review
How We Tested Cash Splash
We give all the slots we review the full treatment and look at every aspect that can make or break a game.
- The slot symbols – You’ll find classic fruit machine symbols – playing cards, cherries, sevens, bar symbols and cash icons – paying between 10 to 160 coins for five of a kind.
- Minimum and maximum bet, autoplay option – The lowest bet you can place is CAD 0.20, which covers just one payline, but if you opt to play all 15 paylines, your bet is CAD 3.00.
- The payout rate – Cash Splash has a low Return to Player of 91.62%.
- Volatility – This slot has low volatility, meaning that small wins come relatively frequently.
- Jackpot and/or maximum win – The progressive jackpot means that the jackpot amount constantly increases as more people play the game.
- Wilds, re-spins and other functions – The Cash Splash logo represents the Wilds, and the Scatter icon is a casino chip with the word Scatter across it.
- Bonus-buy option – Cash Splash doesn’t have a bonus buy option.
- Bonus game – There are no bonus games.
- Graphics & sound – This is a classic game with an old-school feel and vibrant graphics.
Play Cash Splash With The Best Bonus
If you want to splash the cash on Cash Splash, it’s best to get off to a flying start with great bonuses. Our offers and promotions page will guide you to the casinos in Canada with the best promos for new players.
Cash Splash Symbols & Payouts
Before you get stuck into a slot, it’s worth checking out how much each symbol pays. This way, you’ll know whether to get excited when the reels stop spinning or just hit the spin button again.
The Cash Splash symbols are similar to the traditional ones from classic slot games of old. The standard playing cards – 10s to Aces – are the lower-paying symbols. Each of the symbols that follow – cherries, bar symbol, sevens and cash pile – increases in value, adding more potential for a boosted payout.
These are the symbols with the lowest values in the game.
Cash Splash has 15 paylines that pay from left to right on consecutive reels. Scatters are the exception to this rule as they payout regardless of where they fall. Cash Splash only pays the highest win per line.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
This slot has a limited betting range. Each payline has a fixed bet of CAD 0.20, so if you enjoy having all paylines active, the only amount you can bet is CAD 3.00. You can adjust this amount downwards in increments of CAD 0.20, but that means playing fewer paylines in a spin.
Cash Splash has an autoplay option that you can activate to continue spinning while you continue with other tasks. You can set the game to play through 10, 25, 50 or 100 spins.
Cash Splash has an RTP of just 91.62%, but low RTPs are generally more common on older slots than newer ones. If we consider that Cash Splash has been around since 2005, the low RTP isn’t too surprising. That said, it’s still on the low side, even for an old slot.
The low volatility of Cash Splash means that you can reap small rewards relatively regularly. Even the progressive jackpot is easier to hit than that on some other slots, although the jackpot size is unlikely to ever run into the millions.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
Landing five Wild symbols on one of the first 14 active paylines nets you the maximum payout without triggering the progressive jackpot. However, if you manage this feat on the 15th payline, you score the progressive jackpot, which could run into thousands of Canadian dollars.
The progressive jackpot only pays out if you bet the maximum wager of CAD 3.00 for all active paylines. This bet size may seem a bit steep, but the potential for a significant reward may be worth a spin or two.
Small regular wins build anticipation and excitement
Every spin is a chance to win, with the possibility of the progressive jackpot on the horizon. The low RTP aside, Cash Splash brings enough small rewards and excitement to the party to keep you interested.
However, the chance of winning the progressive jackpot comes with a price tag of CAD 3.00 per spin, which may be a little heavy for casual bettors.
The progressive jackpot is undoubtedly the main attraction on Cash Splash, but what other features does this classic slot have to draw players? We investigated and found some other elements that add variety to the game.
Wilds, re-spins and other features
Cash Splash is a simple game and isn’t feature-heavy. However, it does have a few things to keep you coming back for more action.
The Cash Splash logo characterizes the Wild symbol. This icon takes the place of any other game symbol, apart from the Scatter, to create additional winning paylines.
A blue casino chip is the Scatter symbol. This pays out regardless of where on the gameboard it lands. Scatter wins are multiplied by the number of credits you staked on the winning spin.
Cash Splash Graphics & Sound
Graphics and sound can significantly contribute to your enjoyment of a casino game, and slots, in particular, can use these attributes to their advantage.
|Optimized for Mobile||👍|
|Music||Classic casino soundtrack with gaming sound effects|
|Special features||Wilds, Scatters, Progressive Jackpot|
Microgaming keeps it simple on Cash Splash
The graphics and audio on Cash Splash are in keeping with the simplicity of the game itself. From the background to the gameboard and the symbols, there’s nothing fanciful or distracting, and your focus is 100% on the spinning reels.
While some players may find this lack of animation boring, others appreciate having a simple game among the many feature-heavy slots in the casino lobby.
Solutions If You Have Some Issues With A Game
Hopefully, you experience smooth, uninterrupted gameplay, but if you happen to encounter any issues, the following potential solutions can help you.
- Any malfunction in the game’s hardware during play will void all plays and pays. The game restarts from the beginning of the spin, during which it malfunctioned. Your bet returns to your account, and winnings from that spin reset.
- A slow internet connection can affect the smooth running of your game. In this case, the game should restart from the beginning of the affected spin.
- If the game bombs out for no reason and doesn’t restart easily, contact customer support for the online casino at which you’re playing.
Cash Splash is one of Microgaming’s first progressive games, and this version builds on the older three-reel slot of the same name. Its 15 paylines provide plenty more winning opportunities, and although it has limited special features, they add anticipation and excitement to a classic game.
Simplicity is the crux of Cash Splash, and this is clear even from your betting options. However, rewards aren’t hard to come by, and even though they may be small, the jackpot is always just one spin away.
Other Slots To Play If You Like Cash Splash Slot
If you like the winning potential of Cash Splash, why not try these other progressive jackpot games from Microgaming.
- Mega Moolah
- Major Millions
- Fruit Fiesta