Are Casino Cashback bonuses legal in Canada?
When it comes to online casino bonuses in Canada, cashback is a highly sought-after promotion. Yes, cashback bonuses are completely legal in Canada, when offered by a fully-licensed online casino. While it’s always best to check the status of a casino before playing, we can guarantee that all casinos recommended here are legit.
Cashback casino Canada bonuses are not available to players in Ontario.
Best Cashback bonuses in Canada
Which are the top cashback casinos? Here you’ll find our most recommended cashback bonuses for ourplayers in Canada.
1. Rigged Casino | 25% Weekly Cashback
Are you up for a weekly treat? Rigged Casino is offering the biggest Cashback bonus yet – a 25% cashback bonus. Featuring an extensive VIP program, Rigged Casino also features games from top providers as well as a range of different offers to suit all types of players in Canada.
2. Zinkra | 15% Weekly Casino Cashback Bonus
Launched in 2022, Zinkra features over 3,000 games, including all the best slots and Live Casino experience. Signing up for the casino means you get 15% cashback every week.
3. Pirateplay | 12% Weekly Cashback
This new crypto casino features multi-payment methods that accommodate all sorts of players in Canada. Licensed by the Curacao Gambling Authority, Pirateplay gives 12% Cashback to all players in Canada every week.
4. ICECasino | Up to $2,000 Casino Cashback Bonus
Players at ICECasino that reach the ‘Luxor’ level in their Loyalty Program become eligible for a weekly Canada cashback bonus. Players start at a 3% cashback and can work their way up to 12% at VIP Diamond level.
Cashback bonus amounts are calculated for each weekly timeframe starting at 00:01 on Monday to GMT until 23:59 Sunday GMT. The maximum amount of Canada cashback bonus a player can receive in a week is $2,000.
5. Reload Casino | 10% Weekly Cashback Bonus
Players that make a minimum weekly deposit of $20 at Reload Casino will automatically be eligible for a 10% weekly cashback on their game losses.
Cashback is credited as cash in your account, and this happens every week when playing online slots or table games such as blackjack, baccarat online, and online roulette.
|Did you know?|
|– A Casino Cashback Bonus is legal in Canada|
– You should always check to make sure an online casino has a valid licence
What exactly is a Casino Cashback bonus?
A cashback bonus is a way for a casino online Canada to reward players for their loyalty. It’s essentially a safety net you can make use of if you’ve had some unlucky losses. Simply put – if you lose some money while playing, the cashback casino will give you a percentage of it back – typically 10-20% – with no strings attached.
It’s one of the fairest types of online bonuses, and one of the few that comes without any wagering requirements. It’s directly paid from the casino to your account, usually every week or four weeks.
Cashback vs other bonuses
|Feature||Welcome bonus||Cashback Bonus||Deposit Match Bonus||Free Spins Bonus|
|Requires a deposit||Sometimes||No||Yes||Sometimes|
|New players only||Yes||No||Sometimes||No|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cashback bonus
Just like any other bonus, the casino cashback bonus has its own pros and cons that you should be aware of before choosing to redeem this bonus.
Advantages of cashback bonus
- Better returns – you’ll generally see better returns over the long run because you have a safety net. If you go on a bad streak and lose your roll, you’ll get 10-20% back, giving you another opportunity to recover your funds.
- No wagering requirements – usually, when you get cash back, you won’t have to wager it a certain amount in order to withdraw your winnings. It is one of the most lucrative no wagering casino bonuses for Canadians.
- Doesn’t affect other bonuses – usually a casino doesn’t let you have more than one active bonus at the same time, but the cashback bonus doesn’t affect other bonuses.
- Easy activation – it’s very easy to activate a cash back bonus because most of the time it’s built into the casino.
Disadvantages of cashback bonus
- Limited availability – Your favourite casino may not offer a cashback bonus.
- Max caps – You may be offered 10-20%, but if you lost a significant amount, you might not get the percentage advertised because you went over the cap.
How do cashback bonuses work?
It’s time for some math but don’t worry, it’s not going to be too complicated!
Let’s say you see an offer for a 20% cashback bonus capped at $100. If you lose $500 at 20%, you’ll get $100 back. This would take you right to the cap, which means it’s the maximum you can claim back. If you lose more than $500, you would still only get $100 back.
Here’s another example for players who might not be high rollers. This time, the cashback is 10% and your roll is $100. If you lose it all, you’ll get $10 back.
Why reclaim a cashback bonus
The cashback bonus is there for you to use as a cushion if you’re really unlucky. Hopefully you’ll never have to use it, but it’s nice to know it’s there if you need it.
There are times when an online Canada casino will make you choose between a cashback bonus, welcome bonus or reload bonus. This gives you some choice, so you can pick the bonus that works best for you. So if you know you only play occasionally for a bit of fun, the welcome bonus will always be the best choice.
But if you play every day or every week, a cashback bonus makes more sense because it could be far more lucrative in the long run.
|Did you know?|
|– The cashback bonus is like a safety net you can use to win back some money you’ve lost|
– If the cashback bonus is capped at 10%, and you lose $100, you’ll get $10 back
Types of Cashback bonuses:
Different casinos offer different types of cashback bonuses:
No wagering Cashback bonus
A no wagering cashback bonus is a cashback that doesn’t have any wagering requirements attached to it, so you don’t have to wager a certain number of times before you can claim it.
Weekly cashback offers
As the name suggests, a weekly cashback offer is a cashback bonus that’s calculated over a weekly period.
Daily/”Unlimited” cashback offers
This is a generous offer that entitles you cashback on the amount you’ve lost on a particular day instead of it being calculated on a weekly or monthly basis.
A VIP cashback is a cashback bonus that is part of a casino’s loyalty program. The more you play your favourite games, the higher level you’ll be and the bigger your cashback bonus will be.
Type of issue
The type of issue determines how the cashback bonus is given to you. It can be in the form of money to a real account, bonus money, or loyalty points as part of a VIP program.
|Did you know?|
|– There are several different types of cashback bonus, including weekly, unlimited and VIP.|
How to claim cashback from a casino
You’ll typically find a casino’s cashback offer, together with all other bonuses it offers, on its promotion page, which you can access from the top of the homepage. Offers will vary from one casino to another, so it’s a good idea to have an extra look at the bonuses before you join the casino.
Some casinos will give you the cashback bonus automatically and there’s no need for you to do anything. Others may require you to opt in. Most of the time, it’s as simple as checking a box or contacting support to let them know you would like to receive a cashback bonus.
|Did you know?|
|– You can normally find a casino’s cashback offer, as well as other offers, on its promotion page, which you can normally get to from the homepage |
– Most of the time, you don’t need to do anything to receive your cashback bonus – it’s applied automatically
Solutions for common issues
- I got less cashback than I thought I would – You should always take a look at the full T&Cs to check the exact periods in which the cashback is being calculated and which slots or other casino games the offer applies to
- The casino isn’t letting me withdraw my cashback – You might need to wager the cashback on eligible games before you can take it out of your account
- I’ve lost my cashback – Some casino cashback bonus offers have a period of validity during which you must fulfil the wagering requirement. If your bonus suddenly disappears, it might be because the validity period has expired.
|Did you know?|
|– You might need to wager your cashback on certain games before you can withdraw it|
– Some cashbacks offers have a validity period. If you don’t use your cashback in this period, it might disappear from your account.
Conclusion – Tips when using a Cashback bonus
There are many things that Canadians should consider when searching for a top Canada cashback bonus offer. Firstly, it is imperative to always read the casino’s online terms and conditions, as these will carry important information including the bonus wagering requirements.
As with most bonuses, we also advise players in Canada to check the payment options available, withdrawal limits and times.
Stay tuned – we’re always on the hunt for the best casino cashback offers and which are the best Canadian cashback casino sites that offer them.