Dead or Alive 2 Review
Gather your posse and head over to the main street for a noon showdown. Dead or Alive 2 by NetEnt will take you straight back to the days of sharpshooting outlaws and whiskey-drinking cowboys. Read on to learn more about the pays, plays and special features of this Old West slot.
How we Tested Dead or Alive II
We put every game we review through its paces to bring you a complete picture of the game, its potential payouts, and what bonuses you might find.
- The slot symbols: What do the symbols look like, and which ones should you look out for to get higher payouts?
- Minimum and maximum bet, autoplay option: What are the minimum and maximum amounts you can wager and can you set the game to play automatically?
- The payout rate: We take a look at the return to player you can expect from the game.
- Volatility: How often does the slot make large payouts? Does it yield smaller wins more often?
- Hit frequency: How often do those winning combinations come around?
- Jackpot and / or maximum win: Is this a jackpot slot? If not, what’s the maximum amount you can shoot for?
- Wilds, re-spins and other functions: What interesting symbols feature in the game, what do they do, and how do they pay?
- Bonus-buy option: Is it possible to pay for the bonus rounds rather than play for it?
- Bonus game: Is there a bonus round? If so, what does it look like and how does it work?
- Graphics & sound: We get into the look and feel of the game and see how well the graphics and soundtrack represent the theme.
Play Dead or Alive II With the Best Bonus
We know you’re all savvy Canadian players looking for the best, most lucrative casino bonuses around. Head on over to our promotions page to find the best casino where you can play Dead or Alive II.
Dead or Alive II Symbols & Payouts
We’ll take a look at this 5×3 slot’s basic symbols, what they look like, and how they pay. We’ll also look at how many paylines there are and how to line the symbols up for the best pay.
The symbols in this slot look like they have been pulled straight out of the Old West. The high-value symbols are images of a Sheriff’s badge, a gun and holster, a cowboy hat, cowboy boots and whiskey. Old style silver card symbols from 10 through to Ace represent the low-paying symbols.
There are nine paylines in Dead or Alive II. Only the highest winning combination of symbols per bet line is paid, and paylines pay from left to right.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
The minimum coin value is $0.01 per line, and the maximum is $0.50, and there is a bet level one or two which doubles the coins per line. You have to cover all of the lines, making the min $0.09 and the max $9.00. The autoplay option allows you to set up to 1,000 spins automatically and stop on any win, a specified win, a loss amount, or if you trigger the bonus round.
The return to player of this game is a healthy 96.80%. The RTP represents your potential return on your wagers over time. For example, for every $100 you bet, you can expect a return of $96.80.
This is a highly volatile slot, meaning that you can expect long dry spells, with occasional higher wins in between. At a hit frequency of just under 30%, you can anticipate one win in roughly every three spins.
Jackpot and/or Maximum Win
Dead or Alive II isn’t a jackpot slot. However, during the free spins feature, there is the possibility of hitting up to 111,111x your stake with the right combination of free spins and multipliers. Outside the free spins, the maximum payout is for five scatter symbols which yield 2,500x your wager.
The enormous potential maximum win will keep you shooting for the bonus round!
With the high variance, you’ll need to keep an eye on your bankroll, but perseverance could lead to some massive winnings.
Game developers have a plethora of tricks up their sleeves to keep you entertained when playing. From wilds, scatters, and multipliers to bonus buys and free spins, Dead or Alive II is packed with exciting features.
Wilds, re-spins, and other features
Dead or Alive II features many special symbols to add extra intrigue to the game. You’ll find wilds, scatters, and multipliers to boost your winnings.
There are five outlaw wilds that substitute for any other symbol except the scatters. When a wild substitutes for a symbol, it pays out at the highest possible winning combination on the bet line.
There are three free spins round, the Old Saloon, High Noon Saloon and Train Heist Free Spins. The free spins are triggered by landing three or more scatters on any of the reels, which then leads you to a choice of the three free spins rounds. Each has its benefit:
- Old Saloon – 2x multiplier on all wins and sticky wilds that trigger five extra free spins.
- High Noon Saloon – two wilds appearing lead to 2x multiplier, three wilds lead to 3x multiplier. One or more sticky wilds awards five more free spins.
- Train Heist – Each wild that appears increases the multiplier by one and adds a free spin. Reach a 16x multiplier, and you’ll get five more free spins.
The only multipliers in the game are those mentioned in the free spins rounds above.
The Dead or Alive II Feature Buy function gives sharpshooting Canadian slot fans the opportunity to get to their free spins quicker than ever. The Feature Buy function not only triggers the free spins bonus and places guaranteed scatters on reels one, two, and three. This increases your chances of hitting that big win dramatically.
Dead or Alive II Graphics & Sound
This slot features beautifully rendered animations of classic Wild West symbolism. The characters are well-developed and represent the theme perfectly. The soundtrack is filled with traditional Western epic movie sounds like rattlesnakes, pan flute and guitar picking. The reels spin to the sound of a spinning gun barrel, and winning combinations are indicated with a gunshot.
|Optimised for Mobile||👍|
|Music||Suspenseful Western sound effects|
|Special features||Wilds, sticky wilds, scatters, free spins, multipliers|
The slot graphics are true to the Western theme.
NetEnt has perfectly embodied the spirit of the Old West in this gunslinging slot, improving upon the already popular Dead or Alive slot. The well-drawn symbols against the one-horse town backdrop flawlessly convey the look and feel of a Western epic.
Solutions If You Have Any Issues While Playing
The slot has an automatic response to deal with specific issues that may arise. We’ll take a look at what will happen in the event of a problem:
- If the game malfunctions in any way, all affected bets will be voided and refunded.
- Any procedures regarding unfinished rounds or inactive sessions will be dealt with at the casino website’s discretion and according to their policies.
- If you are dissatisfied with your problem’s resolution, you can contact the casino website support.
This slot offers some great features, a well-developed theme and the chance of some big wins. Although you need to be cautious with the high volatility, the RTP is above average.
The wilds and scatters add excitement to the gameplay, and the bonus rounds are thrilling with their different multiplier and added spins options. We wholeheartedly recommend that you check out this fantastic outlaw-themed slot from NetEnt and rate it a solid 8/10.
Other Slots To Try If You Enjoyed Dead or Alive II Slot
If you’re a fan of the Wild West, gunslingers and free spins, here are a few other titles in Canada to try: