Classic types of Roulette
The classic types of roulette are the main versions of the roulette game, and you will find them in most Canadian online casinos.
In this section, we’ll briefly talk about them!
European Roulette is the first and most popular classic version of roulette that you will find online.
The total number of pockets on European Roulette is 37, consisting of numbers 1 to 36 and a single zero pocket.
When playing European Roulette, the house edge you will enjoy is 2.7%, which is why many online gamblers prefer this version.
American Roulette is similar to the European Roulette, but with one vital difference.
The American Roulette comes with 38 pockets, consisting of numbers 1 to 36 and two zero pockets – a single zero and double zero pockets. It increases the house edge to 5.26%, which is problematic to most players.
Players can also place the Five-Number bet in American Roulette.
French Roulette is the same as European Roulette. One of the significant differences is that the French names of the bets are used on the table.
Aside from that, French Roulette has betting sections for the La Partage and En Prison rules. French Roulette also offers a low house edge of 2.7%.
Some French version of roulette has the full/maximum bet option for high rollers.
Roulette variants for online players
Aside from the classic version of the roulette game, several other roulette variants are available online for Canadian players to explore.
This section will walk you through some of the roulette variations available!
Live Roulette is one of the most popular roulette variations for online players. Live Roulette lets players access real live dealers, and they can also chat with other players.
Aside from that, this roulette version includes impressive features like Autoplay, favourite bets, and extensive statistics.
Each player can save up to 15 favourite bets.
Mini Roulette is another roulette variant that online Canadian players can consider.
The Mini Roulette consists of a wheel with pockets numbered from 0 to 12.
The game features a simple layout since it only consists of 13 numbers. Mini Roulette is one of the most simplified versions of roulette available at online casinos.
The Multi-Wheel Roulette is another roulette version that you’ll find at top Canadian casinos.
Multi-Wheel Roulette is one-of-a-kind because rather than a single wheel, you’ll be playing on six different wheels.
But you can deactivate some if you don’t want to play them at once.
Double Ball Roulette
Double Ball Roulette is available in both single-zero and double-zero formats.
The Double Ball Roulette rule is similar to the traditional ones, but instead of one ball, it uses two balls – hence the name!
You can bet on both balls landing on the same number; if you win, the game rewards a huge payout of 1,300 to 1.
Triple Bonus Spin Roulette
The Triple Bonus Spin Roulette features an additional triple-zero pocket. Another difference is the increased pocket size.
That said, the introduction of an extra zero pocket gives the house more edge over roulette lovers.
The impressive thing is that the game comes with a bonus feature, which can award players a whopping 12,000x their bet stake.
Lightning Roulette added some spice to the gameplay by including lucky numbers, which Canadian roulette lovers can wager on.
It’s essential to note that these numbers are generated randomly, and if players are lucky to predict them correctly, they can enjoy an incredible multiplier between 50x and 500x.
The rest of the bets are paid out at the standard rate.
Roulette Royale is played on the regular European Roulette wheel with 37 pockets. Impressively, the game comes with a progressive jackpot bonus.
To trigger the mind-blowing jackpot, you need to land five similar numbers in a row. If you hit similar numbers two, three or four times, the game will payout 15 to 1, 1,200 to 1, and 3,000 to 1, respectively.
Unlike the Europan and American Roulette, Astro Roulette features 36 pockets covered by 12 Zodiac signs with a section marked with the infinity sign.
Astro Roulette is considered a version of the European Roulette, as it features 36 pockets with the infinity sign acting as the zero pockets in European Roulette.
With that, the game offers the same house edge as European Roulette – 2.7%.
Double Action Roulette
Double Action Roulette comes with two concentric rings – the inner and outer ring, which makes it unique from other roulette variants.
The ball must land on the same pocket to win – both on the outer and inner rings. You can bet on the same number landing on both rings. If you predict correctly, the payout is 1,200 to 1.
Age of the Gods Roulette
Though it’s a European-style version, it comes with an additional section reserved for an extra betting option that can give players massive windfall.
Unlike other European Roulette with a 2.7% house edge, Age of Gods Roulette offer 5.26% due to the huge payout.
Ash Gaming designs the game, and it comes with rules similar to all other European-style roulette variants. What sets the game apart from other versions is a pinball machine replaces the wheel.
Pinball Roulette comes with a turbo mode that speeds up the pace of the game.
Key Bet Roulette
Key Bet Roulette feature additional betting options that you can profit from. One of the interesting things about this version is the extra bet that players can opt for.
The additional bet can reward you with a payout of up to 100x your stake.
Evolution Gaming’s Slingshot Roulette mixes the thrills of automated and live games.
The game does not encompass many surprises as players can opt for special bets, outside bets, and inside bets.
You might wonder what special bets encompass – well, it’s just a combination of inside bets.
Which Roulette Variation should you choose?
First, consider the odds of winning. European and French Roulette offers better odds of winning with a house edge of 2.7%.
The French version also offers another two advantages that can help players achieve a win – the La Partage and En Prison rules; which can lower the house edge to 1.35%.
Each variant comes with additional rules, so you should consider them when choosing the roulette variant.
Roulette variants with the lowest house edge
Below are the roulette variants with the lowest house edge.
- No-Zero Roulette: This roulette variation does not have zero pockets, which rule out the casino house edge. The winning chances of both parties are equal.
- European Roulette: European Roulette is the most popular roulette variant among players,because it only includes a single-zero and offers a low house edge of 2.7%.
- French Roulette: The French Roulette offers a lower house edge with the En Prison and La Partage rules. It can lower the house edge to 1.35%.
- Astro Roulette: Astro Roulette is also a European-style roulette that offers a house edge of 2.7%.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette: The Multi-Wheel Roulette is another version of European Roulette that offers a low house edge of 2.7%.
Roulette variants that payout the most
Below is a list of the roulette variants that payout the most.
- Roulette Royale: The Roulette Royale features a jackpot bonus that pays out several million Canadian dollars if you land five similar numbers on the same rows.
- Triple Bonus Spin Roulette: Triple Bonus Spin Roulette comes with a bonus feature to award players up to 12,000x their stake bet.
- Double Ball Roulette: Double Ball Roulette is another roulette variant that can pay out huge wins. You can win a lucrative payout of 1,300 to 1.
- Double Action Roulette: Double Action Roulette can offer a whopping payout of 1,200x your stake when you land the same numbers on both rings.
- Lightning Roulette: Evolution Gaming developed Lightning Roulette with lucky numbers that can award players multipliers between 50x and 500x their bet.
The best variants to try when you’re new to casino
If you’re new to casinos, you might wonder which variants you should try out. Well, we’d recommend you try out all European versions of roulette.
- European Roulette: European Roulette is the most recommended roulette variant from new Canadian casino players. The reason is that it has a low house edge of 2.7%.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette: Besides the low house edge of 2.7%, you will be betting on the result of two to eight wheels, which increases your winning chances.
- French Roulette: French Roulette has two additional rules – En Prison and La Partage. It lowers the house edge up to 1.35%, which increases your winning chances.
Roulette types to play if you’re a pro
Consider the below roulette types if you’re a pro:
- Triple Bonus Spin Roulette: Expert roulette players should consider this version because of the bonus feature that can offer up to 12,000x wins.
- Age of Gods Roulette: Pro roulette players can also consider Age of Gods Roulette because of its huge payout.
Roulette variations you should avoid
Below is a list of roulette variations you should avoid:
- American Roulette: Canadian roulette lovers should avoid American Roulette at all costs. This version offers a house edge of 5.26%, which lowers your winning chances.
- Mini Roulette: Players should also try to avoid the Mini Roulette. The game house edge can increase up to 7.69%.