Evolution has stunned this week with its announcement of its acquisition of Australian games developer Big Time Gaming.

Last year, Evolution acquired giant slot developers NetEnt and Red Tiger, in a take over that put Evolution at the forefront of the industry.

Now Evolution has entered into a deal to make another industry-defining acquisition with Big Time Gaming.

With this deal, Evolution has committed to buy the entire share capital of Big Time Gaming. The acquisition is being valued at €450 million (£534 million).

70% of the acquisition prize will be paid in cash, while the remaining 30% will be covered by newly issued shares. The shares’ value will be according to the NASDAQ Stockholm’s trading index at the time of release.

This new acquisition consolidates Evolution’s position in the industry as one of the leading providers of high-quality and entertaining casino games.

Jens Von Bahr, Evolution’s chairman said about the deal: “With the addition of Big Time Gaming to our portfolio of slot brands, we strengthen our strategic position as the leading provider of digital casino games in the world.”

Nik Robinson, Big Time Gaming’s CEO has shown equal enthusiasm saying how both Evolution and Big Time Gaming share the same drive towards innovation.

Evolution gaming big time gaming canada acquisition news online
Evolution is one of the leading game providers in Canada!

Who is Big Time Gaming?

Based in Sydney Australia, Big Time Gaming is a name associated with original slots and innovative mechanics.

The company is behind the popular slot mechanic known as Megaways, which was launched in 2015.

It became popular over night, with the developer licensing the mechanic to other game providers, creating a new trend in online slots.

Since the release of the first Megaways slot, hundreds of titles have made it to casinos featuring this mechanic.

Who is Evolution Gaming?

Evolution is a name that has come up quite often over the last few years.

As a developer, it hardly needs an introduction. Its name might have been previously linked predominantly with live casino tables, but it is now extending into other genres of the industry.

With this latest acquisition, it has established its position as an industry leader in live games and online slots. The company has shown an insatiable thirst for innovation and a drive that has led it towards one success after another.

Evolution is certainly on the roll and we can’t wait for any surprises it might have in store for us over the next few years!

Casino Content Writer
M'Louisa spends most of her time chasing after a certain cheeky monkey that is growing up too fast. When she has a moment to spare you'll find her with a paint brush in hand or reading a good book. For the past 3 years she has enjoyed watching the industry grow and thrive, and thinks that is the most satisfying part of her job!

Your casinos will be cleared

Are you sure?