Mega Fortune review
- Chance to win one of three jackpots
- Excellent visuals which still hold up well today
- High hit frequency
- Low volatility for consistent wins
- Contains mostly basic bonus features
How I Tested Mega Fortune
With each game we review, there are several important factors we know players want to learn more about.
- The slot symbols: We cover each symbol, which ones are considered premium, and how much they pay.
- Minimum and maximum bet, autoplay option: What’s the betting range that the slot allows, and how does the autoplay function work?
- The payout rate: We offer a detailed explanation of the RTP and how it compares to most slots.
- Volatility: Volatility is an important factor for how often you can expect to win, and how big the payouts will be.
- Hit frequency: We give an estimate of how often you can expect to win where possible.
- Jackpot and / or maximum win: We talk about the max amount you can win in the base game, and if there’s a jackpot we explain how it works in detail.
- Wilds, re-spins and other functions: By playing the game long enough, we can explain exactly how each bonus feature works first hand.
- Bonus-buy option: We check if there’s an option to buy a bonus round.
- Bonus game: When there is a bonus game, we describe it and how it works.
- Graphics & sound: FInally, we look at the graphics and sound and how well everything comes together.
Play Mega Fortune with the best bonus
Are you wondering where you can find Mega Fortune? Check out our casino page and find the best bonus to get started on Mega Fortune.
Mega Fortune Symbols & Payouts
Let’s start with the symbols, payouts and other numbers of Mega Fortune. Factors like RTP (return to player) rate and volatility can be important when deciding whether to play a game.
The symbols in Mega Fortune are just the kind of thing you could spend your money on if you happen to hit it big. The four top symbols are a limo, watch, wad of cash, and a drink with a cigar. The royals A, K, Q, and J appear as rings.
Find out how much each symbol pays in the table below.
|Drink and Cigar||–||10||40||200|
Mega Fortune has 25 paylines that only pay left to right. You need at least three of a symbol in a pay line to win, with the exception being the limo which only needs two. Only the highest payout in a payline is awarded.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
The minimum wager to play is $0.25 and you can go as high as $50 if you wish. There’s a free spin option you can take advantage of, with several criteria to choose from when you want it to stop. Of course, you can also choose to stop the spins manually at any time.
The RTP of Mega Fortune is 96%. This is about average where most slots are concerned. However, when you consider this is a jackpot slot, the RTP is a pretty good value. Most jackpot games have an RTP which is well below 96%.
Mega Fortune is a low volatility slot. Depending on what you’re looking for this could be good or bad. Low volatility slots offer fairly consistent, though smaller wins. Getting a big win could be rare, but you’re unlikely to go more than a few spins without a payout. The hit frequency, for example, is estimated to be around 52%.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
As a jackpot slot, you have a rapid, major, and mega jackpot up for the taking. The key to unlocking the bonus game is getting three bonus symbols to appear. Otherwise, the base game offers a maximum win of 2,162x your wager.
A slot where you can hope to win consistently
One of the main reasons players keep coming back to Mega Fortune is undoubtedly its good RTP value, low volatility, and excellent hit frequency. Besides that, everyone loves to try their luck at the Mega Jackpot. Mega Fortune offers something to people of all budgets.
Are you wondering how Mega Fortune works? We’ll explain all the game mechanics and bonus features you can expect below.
Wilds, re-spins and other features
Wild symbols and free spins are considered staples of any slot game. Let’s go over how they work here.
The yacht is the wild symbol in Mega Fortune. A wild can substitute for any paying symbol to help create a win.
Re-spins are triggered by getting at least three scatter symbols which are represented by a bottle of champagne and two glasses. Getting another two scatter symbols during the re-spin rounds will trigger additional free spins or up your multiplier.
Multipliers are active during the free spins to add more excitement and chances to win. It’s possible for your wins to be multiplied by up to five times.
Mega Fortune Graphics & Sound
For a 2009 game, Mega Fortune still looks pretty good. In the background, you can see palm trees, a yacht in the water and the sun rising over a city. The reels are also somewhat transparent, so you can see some of the backgrounds behind them.
|Optimized for Mobile||👍|
|Special features||Wild symbol is animated|
Detailed background and graphics even today
There aren’t many slots from over 10 years ago that still hold up well. Even backgrounds like this one were fairly rare. NetEnt clearly put in a lot of effort, which has still stood the test of time. The music and visuals combine nicely for the overall presentation.
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
- Adblockers can sometimes interfere with gaming software or casino sites. If you have trouble loading a game, try turning it off then refreshing your browser.
- If the game is playing slowly or lagging, it may be due to interruptions in your internet speed.
- If there are any interruptions or malfunctions during gameplay, all active bets become void, and you’ll receive a full refund.
Mega Fortune is a good example of a slot done right. So much so that players still flock to it despite it being over a decade old. The main draw here is definitely the three jackpots you can claim. The mega jackpot can even reach seven figures.
Even if you ignore that, the base game is still excellent too. You have a solid RTP, low volatility, and a high hit frequency, ensuring frequent wins and a great return. The bonus features are fairly basic, but it works well enough.
The visuals are still impressive even after all this time. Rather than a generic slot layout, you can see a detailed background behind the reels.
Other slots to play if you like Mega Fortune slot
If you enjoyed Mega Fortune and are looking for more, here are a few similar slots.
- Mega Fortune Dreams
- Hotline 2
- Wheel of Fortune Megaways