Hall of Gods review
- Three jackpots available for the taking
- Low volatility allowing for more frequent wins
- Hit frequency is around 37%
- Expanding wild symbols
- 3x multiplier during free spins rounds
- RTP (return to player) rate is below average at 95.3%
How I tested Hall of Gods
We review each game in detail, going over every feature of the online slot. Below are all the things we examine.
- The slot symbols: What are the main symbols in the game, and how much does each one pay?
- Minimum and maximum bet, autoplay option: We check the full betting range that’s allowed and whether the game offers an autoplay feature.
- The payout rate: The RTP rate of the slot is explained and we explain what it means for you.
- Volatility: Does the slot offer frequent smaller payouts, or larger ones that occur less often?
- Hit frequency: A look at how often you can expect to get a win.
- Jackpot and/or maximum win: What jackpots does the game offer, and what’s the biggest win you can expect?
- Wilds, re-spins, and other functions: We explain all about the wilds, scatters, re-spins, and other features you can enjoy.
- Bonus-buy option: Does the slot offer a bonus buy option?
- Bonus game: Where there’s an additional bonus game, we’ll explain all about it.
- Graphics & sound: We wrap up by detailing the visuals and sound.
Play Hall of Gods with the best bonus
Hall of Gods Symbols & Payouts
Are you wondering how much you can expect to win? This is where we cover the payouts, expected frequency, and other related subjects.
The top five symbols to watch out for are Odin, Thor, Freya, Loki, and Idun. The lower paying symbols consist of a ring, hammer, necklace, ice pick, and a chest of fruit. Unlike many slots, Hall of Gods doesn’t use the generic royals; rather, all the symbols are unique.
Below, you can see the value of each symbol and how much you can expect to win.
|Chest with Fruit||–||3||10||25|
Hall of Gods comes with a total of 20 paylines. The slot pays left to right and for the four highest paying symbols you only need two to win. For the rest, you’ll need at least three in a payline.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
You can bet as little as $0.2 CAD, making it an attractive option if you don’t want to spend too much. For more serious players, the highest wager is $50. You can set up autoplay, and put in various conditions for it to stop under the advanced settings.
The RTP (return to player) rate is 95.3%, which is a bit below the slot average of 96%. However, since Hall of Gods is a jackpot slot, the normal rules don’t quite apply here. The RTP for jackpots tends to be lower because part of it is used to fund the grand prize.
The low to medium volatility is favourable for more cautious players. You should be able to get wins fairly consistently although chances are they’ll be on the smaller side. The hit frequency is around 37%, which is pretty high for a typical slot.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
Hall of Gods has three jackpots you can win; mini, midi, and mega jackpots. The base game also allows for a maximum win of 1,200x your wager. Overall, the jackpot is definitely the main draw of the game, and why it remains popular even today.
A stable slot, with a high percentage of wins!
Hall of Gods is a low to medium volatility slot with a sizable hit frequency. You can expect the wins to be fairly frequent, although the big blowouts might be rare. The main attraction is the chance at the mega jackpot in the bonus game.
Learn all about the features found in Hall of Gods. We’ll cover the usual stuff like wilds, re-spins, and other unique bonuses.
Wilds, re-spins, and other features
You find both wilds and re-spins in Hall of Gods, which are considered staples of slots. However, there are some twists on how these work with a few other exciting features too, like the bonus game.
The Midgard Serpent appears as the wild symbol here. Not only that, it’s an expanding wild too on reels two, three, and four. Wild symbols substitute for other paying symbols in a playline and increase your chance of seeing a win.
The key to activating the free spins is getting at least three scatters. Watch out for the symbol with two ravens under a full moon. Three will award you 10 free spins, four triggers 15, and if you’re lucky to get five scatters, then you’ll unlock a whopping 20 free spins.
Multipliers are active during the free spins round but not in the base game. Every win you get during a free spin will be multiplied by 3x. Getting another three scatters will add to your free spin total.
The bonus game is the main attraction and your path to claiming the jackpot. You need three bonus symbols, which are represented by a hammer with lighting surrounding it. During the bonus game, you have your shot of winning one of three jackpots.
Hall of Gods Graphics & Sound
Hall of Gods takes a lot of inspiration from Norse mythology. The background imagery is up in the sky among the clouds, with a large wooden door visible. As background noise, you can hear rushing wind, and an ominous tune plays as you spin the reels.
|Optimized for Mobile||👍|
|Special features||Animated Symbols|
Hall of Gods still holds up well
Despite being over a decade old, Hall of Gods still looks sharp, a testament to NetEnt’s attention to detail. The symbols, background, and sound come together nicely to really give the impression you’re up in the sky with the gods.
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
- If you have trouble loading the game, then try disabling any adblockers you have. Sometimes it can interfere with game software.
- Slow or lagging gameplay may be caused by an interruption in your internet speed. Check your connection and try refreshing the browser.
- If there’s a malfunction during the game, your bet and any wins are considered void, and your bet will be refunded. You can also read this policy in the game information.
Hall of Gods first arrived in 2010, much to the anticipation of many players. The triple jackpot formula proved to be successful, and the game is still widely popular today. Three bonus symbols are all that’s needed for your chance at the big prize.
The game is perfect for casual players looking to play for fun. Although the RTP is a bit on the lower end, the hit frequency is fairly high, with roughly 37% of spins ending in a win. The wide betting range is also accommodating for all budgets.
Visually, NetEnt did a fantastic job. The sky setting is a perfect place for the gods, and the music adds a nice touch. While better-looking games have come out, Hall of Gods continues to remain a classic and is still more than playable.
Other Slots to Play if you Like Hall of Gods Slot
Here are a few other similar games you might enjoy.
- Thunderstruck II
- Power of Thor Megaways
- Viking Gods: Thor and Loki